Email Address Validator
Validate if a contact really has a valid email address!
Today more than ever, email deliverability is vitally important. Infusionsoft is placing more and more emphasis on your email list quality, engagement, open and click rates, etc... so it's important that you pay careful attention to them as well.
The Email Address Validator Helper is designed to help you do exactly that. It allows you to make sure that the email the user typed in is correct and valid. Many times they make small typos which cause emails to bounce. The Email Address Validator Helper finds those mistakes, flags them and even finds other root issues or potential problems with the email itself all for a low cost of $.01 per email validation.
It will check for syntax, DNS validation and various other technical validations (if available from the ISP).
- User selectable Email
- Validate by Tags or by API Goals
- Identify Types, ie, spam check, role, etc.
- Notify if Auto Suggestion is Present
- Save Suggestion to Custom Field
- Auto Correct Email (optional)
User selectable Email
We know that different users use different emails. For example, users of WeDeliver.Email's service frequently use Email2 instead of the primary email. So we allow you to validate the email address you want.
Validate by Tags or by API Goals
Some prefer tags, some prefer API goals - ours is not to judge... 🙂 We give you the ability to either tag the Valid and Invalid email addresses or, instead, use API goals if you prefer.
Notify if Auto Suggestion is Present
The integration will automatically check for auto-suggested corrections. Like, for example, if the user enters gmail.co instead of gmail.com. When it detects a suggested fix, we can either tag the effected contact or raise an API goal - either way you prefer.
Save Suggestion to Custom Field
Also, when an auto-suggestion is found, we will save it for you in a custom field (if you want). This is, of course, optional.
Above is the toolbar options you'll see for the Email Validate It Helper. Here are the Toolbar button options from left to right:
- Copy Link for Infusionsoft - This first blue copy link button copy the URL used for the http post snippet inside of the Infusionsoft Campaign Builder.
- Copy API Goal Names - This middle icon is used to copy the API Goal names. We do this as a convenience so that you don't make any typos when entering them into your campaigns.
- Configure Button - The last button on the far right is the start configuration button which allows you to View, Edit, Copy, Delete, view the Usage Report and the Usage Log.
Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
- Validate Against Spam Traps - Spam traps can kill your reputation score. Identify bad actors, applying a global tag, removing them from your system.
If you need more help reach out on the help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.