What’s the Best Practice for Recurring Webinars?
This a question we get all of the time. If you're using our GotoWebinar Helper with recurring weekly webinars, there are a few things that you want to do in order to make sure you don't have troubles. Sometimes it's easiest to break things down into a list of Do's and Don'ts – so that's what we did:
- Create a New Helper for each weekly webinar. But don't worry, this is easy, because you can simply make a copy of an existing Helper and then just change the http post link in your Infusionsoft campaign.
- Remember to change the http post in your campaign and republish it
- Keep your tagging straight. There are two options with tags, either you can use new attendance tags (attended / didn't attend) for each webinar, or you can reuse the same tags every time. But if you reuse the tags, you need to make sure and clear them out before each webinar. Otherwise you'll be reapplying tags that have already been applied and the contact won't likely end up in the proper followup sequence for attended or didn't attend.
- Reuse the same http post link and Helper week after week. This can cause confusion when the app tries to pull down the reports for the webinar session.
- Don't modify the existing Helper right after the webinar has completed. We've seen cases where outsourced team members are logging in and making changes to the Helper right after the webinar is over and *before* the reports have been downloaded. Best practice is to not make any changes to the helper after it's run, or at least wait a day until the attendance tagging is complete.